AC Replacement in College Station, Bryan, Navasota, TX, and Surrounding Areas
Excellent HVAC Services by Superior Air Repair
An AC is necessary for a household’s comfort and health. Air conditioning keeps the interior cold, circulates the air, reduces humidity, and filters hazardous airborne contaminants. Contact Us Today for AC Replacement in College Station, Bryan, Navasota, TX, and Surrounding Areas.
But what should you do when your AC starts breaking down regularly? Replace it as soon as possible.
Calculate The Cost Of Replacing Your Air Conditioner:
An HVAC specialist will measure square footage and do load calculations based on the temperature in your area, the property size, and the capacity to contain conditioned air when they arrive at your site. Following the evaluation, they will recommend the size and type of HVAC system and any required ducting and outside envelope repairs. All these factors play an essential role in deciding the AC replacement cost.
What To Know Before AC Replacement?
- Get a professional company: The ideal option is to get a referral from a friend or family member. However, local home service referral sites are good if you verify their BBB rating.
- High-efficiency models: A high-efficiency AC unit will cost a little more upfront, but it will save you money in the long run. When buying a new air conditioner, look for the ENERGY STAR label. It identifies the most cost-effective units on the market.
- Annual maintenance: Before AC replacement, talk to your company about a maintenance plan. Annual tune-ups guarantee that your device is operating at peak efficiency – and that your warranty is still valid.
- Shopping off-season: During the colder months, more brands are likely to be in stock — and on sale.
- AC size: If your air conditioner is the wrong size for your home’s square footage, you’ll have several issues. If the unit is more extensive than required, it will constantly cycle on and off, wasting energy and raising your power bill. Your company will want to complete a load calculation even if you replace an earlier model.
- SEER rating: It measures an air conditioner’s efficiency. The minimum SEER standard was raised from 13 to 14 by the US Department of Energy in 2015. An energy-efficient categorization is one with a value of 14 to 22.
- Load calculation: A load calculation is used to determine the optimum size of the air conditioner for your home. Your HVAC specialist does this by matching the thermal parameters of your home to its cooling capability (in BTUs). A typical estimate considers the house’s size, temperature zone, roof material, directional orientation, and other relevant factors.
It takes some effort to replace an air conditioner, but getting the correct one will provide constant, dependable comfort for years to come. If you’re looking for a replacement, start your search at Superior Air Repair. We provide excellent HVAC service and a cost-effective maintenance program to keep your system working smoothly. Contact us today to learn more.
Contact Us Today For AC Replacement in College Station, Bryan, Navasota, TX, and Surrounding Areas
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
It’s recommended to replace your AC unit every 10-15 years or sooner if you start experiencing frequent breakdowns or the cost of repairs becomes too expensive. Signs that your AC may need to be replaced include increased energy bills, inconsistent cooling, loud sounds coming from the unit, and an increase in dust or pollen in the air.
The type of AC unit you should install depends on your budget, the size and configuration of your space, as well as energy efficiency needs or special features you require. We can help you determine which type will best fit your needs.
The amount of time it takes to replace an AC system depends on the complexity of the job and the size of the unit. Generally, a professional HVAC contractor should be able to complete a standard installation in one day or less. If additional components need to be installed, like ductwork, then it may take several days or more. Call us for AC replacement in Bryan, TX.
No, it is not recommended that you replace your AC unit yourself, as proper sizing and installation are extremely important for optimal performance. Our professional HVAC technician has the expertise and tools necessary to ensure that all safety features are in place and the unit is correctly installed.
When looking for the best AC service in College Station, TX, you should take into account the size of your space, budget, energy efficiency needs or special features, and the type of climate you live in. The HVAC contractor will use a calculation known as Manual J Load Calculation which takes all of these factors into consideration.
It is recommended to replace both the indoor and outdoor AC units at the same time in order to achieve optimal performance. Replacing just one component can create an imbalance which will compromise efficiency and shorten the life of new components.