We have all heard that installing heating equipment is a one-time investment. But what about the investment we have to make on heating bills and furnace or heat pump repairs? If we maintain our house heating system efficiently, we can cut energy costs and save money on electricity bills without compromising on indoor warmth.
Tips to Make Your Heating Unit Energy Efficient
The HVAC can increase the efficiency of their room heating equipment and save around 5 to 10% on annual electricity bills simply by following a few easy steps.
- Cover the gap: The hot air should not easily escape your house. Close windows and doors or any gap in them lead to a continuously running heating unit. You should keep the windows closed and install draft stoppers on doors to cover the gap.
However, you can open the curtain during the day to allow natural heat to enter through sun rays. It will reduce the strain on your heating unit. Less strain on HVAC units reduces the heat pump repair in College Station.
- Get a smart thermostat: The biggest mistake one makes while keeping their house warm is not installing a programmable thermostat. You cannot manually set the temperature all the time. Sometimes, you go out for some reason and forget to lower the thermostat temperature.
In this situation, you cannot go back home, but if you have a programmable thermostat, you can set the temperature from your phone.
Prefer setting the thermostat temperature at 65 degrees during the day and 68 degrees during the night.
- Do not obstruct the radiator: If furniture or any other object is near the radiator, it will restrict the heating process and airflow.
Remove all the obstructions near the radiator to ensure it works efficiently without putting strain on the HVAC unit. You will need fewer heat pump maintenance in Bryan, TX, if the airflow is not restricted.
- Insulate house well: Poor insulation is the primary reason for energy waste and high utility charges. You should install heavy-duty loft and wall insulation. Also, inspect the insulation’s condition from time to time. They should not rot or crack. Replace insulation if you find any such situation.
- Insulate the water heater tank: The tank also needs to be insulated. Insulating your water heater tank can reduce heat loss by 25% to 45%. As a result, you will save 7% to 16% on your annual electricity bills.
- Upgrade the heating unit: If you have been using the same heating equipment for more than 10 to 12 years, you should replace it with a more efficient system to prevent unnecessary expenses on high energy consumption and heat pump replacement in Bryan, TX.
You can also increase the energy efficiency of your heating system by getting it serviced annually by Superior Air Repair. We have trained and excellent technicians. We also offer high-quality HVAC products with ten-year parts and labor warranty. You can also check our club membership program for special offers on HVAC services. Contact us and schedule HVAC efficiency services now.