5 Warning Signs that Your Furnace Needs Repair
If you own a home in a colder region, you know how important your furnace is, and you need to maintain your furnace so that you don’t find yourself without heat one chilly morning. But sometimes fixes aren’t enough. On average, a furnace lasts for about 15 to 20 years. At that point, you might need to replace it. Here are five warning signs that your furnace is in need of repair or replacement.
- Your Pilot Light is Yellow: This is a huge indicator that you need to call a technician immediately. A yellow pilot light is a sign that your furnace is leaking carbon monoxide. This can be deadly if it’s left unchecked.
- Your Vents Are Blowing Out Dust: You might just need to replace your vent, but if you’ve been following the manufacturer’s recommendations on replacement, this could mean that your furnace isn’t filtering out the dust. This is another time that you should call a technician so that you don’t wake up to a cold house and frozen pipes.
- Your Vents Are Blowing Out Cold Air: This can be a sign that your furnace isn’t keeping up with the demand. The problem could stem from a number of reasons, but it’s a huge indicator that your furnace is failing. For instance, you might have a fan that is going out, but it could be a number of other reasons. There could also be a leak in your air ducts if cold air is blowing through. Trained HVAC technicians can also take a look at them as well.
- Higher Heating Bills: If your furnace isn’t working efficiently, this can cause it to work harder and consume more energy to do the same job. If you’re seeing that you are spending much more on heating costs, it might be time for a service. In the long run, you’ll save a lot more money by calling in a technician sooner rather than later.
- Sounds: Squeaks and pops can be a sign that something in your furnace is loose. Call a technician to figure out where the problem is located.
If you think your furnace needs to be checked out by an experienced technician, call Superior Air Repair for expert service in the Bryan / College Station area. Fill out our online contact form to get started!